Saturday, August 11, 2007

Hooray for Hollywood

It's no secret that I feel the Disney-MGM Studios theme park is a pale imitation of what it used to be. I think it was much more interesting when it was an active studio and you really didn't know what star you might see every time you went. The recently announced name change to Disney- Hollywood Studios reminded me of what it used to be like which inspired me to look through YouTube to try and find some video of the studios of yesterday. What I found is the entire Grand Opening Special from 1989 hosted by John Ritter with an unbelievable line up of stars taking part. Double clicking on the mouskavision picture should take you to the video at YouTube. If you do that instead of watching it here on my blog you should easily be able to continue to watch the entire special instead of just the opening number with Smokey Robinson. Enjoy.

No comments: