Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Prep and Landing - What did you think?

Personally, I loved the concept and the animation is great as always.  But... it just fell flat for me.  I wish I could say I just wasn't in the mood but that's actually the most I've enjoyed the Charlie Brown Christmas special in years (despite it being an edited version) so I know it wasn't me. 
Perhaps I was expecting to much since the advance publicity kept comparing it to the old Rankin Bass specials.  Should have been longer so the characters were more sympathetic, should have had a musical number or two, should have hired Mickey Rooney to do Santa's voice.  Should not have relied on the overuse of Christmas phrases for humor.
Oh well, can't hit it out of the park everytime.

What did you think?  Tinsel or Figgy Pudding?

No comments: