Thursday, February 25, 2010

New Disney Precious Moments including a snowglobe

While posting these pics a question occurred to me.  Why is it I hate vinylmation and cuties and that awful interpretation of the princesses as Bratz from awhile back, but take no offense to this Precious Moments line?  I've decided the answer is that Vinylmation and their ilk is simply Disney trying to take advantage of a fad or start a new one and has very little artistic value and is usually cheap junk.  The Precious Moments line however does have artistic value with quality production values.  I also tend to look at these as not a new interpretation of the Disney characters but rather as figurines of children playing dress-up.  I generally do not like new interpretations so that probably helps quite a bit.

No comments: