Saturday, June 9, 2007

New Job - Hi Ho, Hi Ho

I start my new job on monday. I'll be working in the game rooms at Walt Disney World, fixing the arcade equipment. I'll be working for an operating participant, so unfortunately won't be getting any Disney benefits like discounts or admissions. The company I was working for that I got laid off from used to do this for Disney a few years ago so I will actually be going back to doing what I used to do but for another company. I know many of the people that work there because they used to work for the company I was working for. The pay is $1 an hour less and I'll have to start paying for my own gas to and from work (no company vehicle) and I'll have to pay something for health insurance (the old company paid for all of it) so its not quite as good as the old job in that respect but has other things that are better.
I was hoping to get a part time at Disney to make up the loss in pay and get the Disney benefits but with the new work schedule that may not be possible. It will be a couple of weeks at least before I have a better idea.
My first two week work schedule has me listed as being extra most of the time so I don't know where I'll be working. I'll be at Magic Kingdom one day and Pop Century twice but I think the Pop position also takes care of some of the other resorts.

No comments: