Thursday, July 31, 2008
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
I continue to monitor the same seller, and there have been no Disney snowglobe exclusives listed since the one purchased in 2006. Your site was one of the few online resources I could locate for Disney snowglobes, so it's difficult to know if none were produced, or if the buyer simply lost a Disneyland contact.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
I've started a Disneyana Wiki and hope you will want to use it and even possibly contribute to it.
A Wiki is a website where the users can submit and publish information as well as edit the information that is allready present. Wikipedia is probably the best known.
Ever since I started working on my Disney Snowglobe book, I've been hoping that project could be used to springboard into some sort of website that would document different types of Disney collectibles with each item having its own page. I envisioned it working much like Pinpics.com works for pins except it would include everything Disney.
Obvious drawbacks to the idea were I don't know how to create a website and the costs involved for hosting such a site. This wiki seems to be the perfect solution and anyone and everyone can contribute.
There isn't much there yet and it will be slow going as I learn how to use the site and add things. All I've done so far is set the site up and create a few snowglobe pages using information from Disneyshopping.com. So there isn't much to see yet but now is the perfect time to jump in and learn what we can do and how to do it.
I hope the site will eventually grow to a huge size where you can look up every Disney thing you've ever seen.
A few tips for contributing:
- There is only so much file storage space allowed so when creating a page please post the pictures somewhere else like Flickr or photobucket and link to them. They will still show up on the page being created.
- Please don't create a page for an item without having a picture for identification purposes.
- When creating a page for an item please check to see if a page allready exists for it, otherwise your page will just get deleted by me and all your work will be for nothing.
- You can edit existing pages to add and change what is allready there. I currently have this open to everyone so please be careful your not putting up incorrect info. Comments should be left in the forum discussion for that page not on the page itself. Any malicious activity or inappropriate content will result in me changing the access so nobody but me and trusted volunteers would be able to create and add information. That would slow down the process considerably so please be nice.
- If you want to help but cant quite figure out how to create pages yourself, use the forum to leave information and myself or other volunteers can create the pages for you.
- Remember it is for everything Disney not just snowglobes.
This is not the end of the snowglobe book project and hopefully will be a means of me gathering information and usable pictures for it. For now, however, much of my focus will be going into the wiki.
So, any volunteers?
Monday, July 28, 2008
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Saturday, July 26, 2008
If these are not the correct globes then you probably have a set I'm not familiar with. If that is the case, please leave a comment with your email address so I can contact you and have you send me pictures. Your comment has to be approved by me to be published on the blog so don't worry about exposing your email to the world at large.
Friday, July 25, 2008
Thursday, July 24, 2008
As you can see by this image, Boom Studios will also be producing some Muppet Comics. I've now read some interviews with the folks involved and I feel better about the whole thing. The first release of the Incredibles will be a mini series about Mr Incredible slowly losing his powers and trying to keep that a secret from his family. Sounds like good stuff that isn't aimed just at kids. The other titles announced will be Cars, Finding Nemo, Toy Story & Wall-E. Look for all the series to be about 4 issues long and then collected into a book format.
Boom Studios is hoping this will be the cornerstone of a larger line of kid-friendly comics featuring other characters as well.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Monday, July 21, 2008
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Friday, July 18, 2008
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Anyway I came across these Wall-E figures that should be available shortly and thought I'd give a heads up to anyone collection Wall-E stuff. The bases of the different figures connect as shown in the picture.
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Friday, July 11, 2008
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
I really love this painting. Reminds me of some of the old Dell Giant comic book covers only better.